Tuesday, October 7, 2008

my way or highway!

....my friend who is a divorcee" she said .... and i went Hunhhhhhhhhh

i said "stop" and i took a minute to frame my question.
I said i dont know many divorcee women..our generation. Lets talk about them and what goes on with them. how do they deal with life after..why did they divorce...my questions went on....!

She said, i have 5 women friends who r a divorcee! and its not so uncommon!
I wondered what could be the reason.....

she said " the couple had arguments- they disagreed, they found peace and love outside the marriage, it all added up and so they decided to separate"

It sounded pretty simple and straightforward. But it makes me wonder......

Since when have we allowed disagreements to build up to a divorce!
Is divorce not so traumatic anymore!
Is a second life so simple!
Do we take the first marriage as a trial run!
Is it easy for the aaj ki nari!
Has the empowerment led to this!
what happened family structures!

has anyone noticed this !!

1 comment:

Fictitioustruth said...

the funniest piece i read lately been Maharashtra govt. legalising live-ins and making them same as marriage.

hey live-in is popular today is due to the fact that people donot want to legalise their affairs and this phenomenon is a result of this need - a true example of causal relationship.

your questions answers lie elsewhere and are not as simplistic as you say.

think more, i will put my two bit by next week